Beer has a rich history dating back to the 5th millennium BC. In America, most early beers were brewed in the home during the 17th and 18th century, however a commercial beer industry began to develop in 1612 in New Amsterdam (now Manhattan). Today the brewing industry is a global business. Many consumers of beer have favorites from around the world.
Types of beers include:
- Stoat A traditional British Style with a lower carbonation level,. A full-bodied ale.
- IPA Similar to our Pale Ale, but with hops galore! This ale displays floral, citrus, earthy notes. Backed by a smooth maltiness.
- Festivale (Winter Ale) Offering a deep mahogany hue. Floral hop and berry aromas with layers of caramel, toffee, and chocolate flavors.
- Hue Hefe (Hefeweizen) A German-style wheat beer with a hazy yellow The aroma is clove-like with hints of banana.
- Dunkelweizen Adark unfiltered wheat with hints of banana and a sweet maltiness leading to a soft roasted chocolate finish.
Stop in at LosGatos Brewing Company to enjoy a wide selection of beers, hand-crafted on site by brewmaster Kent Wheat.